Awesome God, thank you for Truth. We lift up our concerns to you this day. We pray for others and ourselves; especially we pray for:
- Families affected by the warehouse fire in California.
- Victims of senseless gun violence in Chicago and other areas.
- People who speak truth to power.
- Refugees from political strife.
- People who are involved in wars of ideology.
- Children who are hungry.
- Children victimized by bullying.
- People who have been rejected.
- People who are angry.
- Those who are sad.
- Those who are overwhelmed.
- People who are discouraged.
- Civil service and social service workers.
- Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters.
- People who have been victimized by unjust policies.
- Children separated from their families.
- Those responsible for the spiritual guidance of your people.
We stand on your promises today and with grateful hearts we decree what you have declared in your Holy Word. We claim it in the name of Jesus. Amen
Focus Scripture: Psalm 78:4 (NLT)
We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about his power and his mighty wonders.