God of Life, because of who you are we give you glory, honor, and praise. You know our needs, even before we ask. We pray that you meet us at our points of need. Especially, we pray for:
- People who are struggling to survive.
- People who are barely holding on to hope.
- Children who can’t see their future from here.
- People who are crying out for justice.
- Government officials and political leaders.
- People who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- People with cancer and other chronic illness.
- Victims of natural disaster.
- People who need spiritual healing.
- Justice workers and peacemakers.
- People who have been victimized by unjust policies.
- People who are nursing emotional wounds.
- Children who are trying to do the right thing.
- Those who just can’t seem to fit in.
- Those who are confused.
- People harboring resentment.
- People who have broken hearts.
- Pastors and other spiritual leaders.
- All churches open in the name of Jesus.
Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Focus Scripture: Romans 8:11
The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.