Almighty God, thank you for lighting our pathway in the midst of darkness. We are so grateful. We touch and agree as we lift up our brokenness for your healing touch. We pray especially for:
- Our communities and our nation.
- Law enforcement officers.
- Victims of police brutality.
- Families of plane-crash victims.
- Victims of wildfires.
- Victims of tornadoes.
- People who are filled with anger.
- People who speak truth to power.
- Refugees from political strife.
- People who are involved in wars of ideology.
- People who are confused.
- People who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Government leaders and politicians.
- People with cancer and other chronic illness.
- People who have been harmed by unjust systems.
- Children who are trying to do the right thing.
- Children who don’t feel loved.
- People in need of spiritual renewal.
- Victims of senseless violence.
- Victims of hatred and bigotry.
- Christians persecuted because of their faith.
- Spiritual leaders of your people.
Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen
Focus Scripture: John 12:46 (NLT)
I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.