God of Glory, thank you for the power of your Holy Spirit. We lift up our prayers for others today. We fervently pray for:
- Government leaders and politicians.
- People who have lost their loved ones in fires in Tennessee.
- People who do not value human life.
- People who have lost family members in road rage crashes.
- People who are depressed.
- People who are blinded by racism and bigotry of all kinds.
- Gang members who are killing each other.
- People who are caught in the crossfire of gun violence.
- People who are confused.
- Those with broken hearts.
- People who have forgotten how to love.
- People who are full of fear.
- Children who are lonely.
- People who have lost their hope.
- People who don’t fit in.
- People who have been victimized by unjust policies.
- People with shattered dreams.
- People who cannot forgive themselves.
- Those in need of a new perspective.
- Those who need more joy.
- People who have been deceived.
- Pastors and other spiritual leaders.
- The church universal.
Merciful God, touch someone who needs to be touched today. We lay our burdens on your altar. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen
Focus Scripture: Isaiah 5:20
What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.