Eternal God, thank you for Jesus. Thank you for the new life we have because of his sacrifice. We pray for others and ourselves today, especially for:
- People who are traveling during the Thanksgiving season.
- Police officers who have dedicated their lives to protect and serve others.
- Families that have been impacted by police brutality.
- Families of children killed in the Chattanooga bus accident.
- Families that have lost loved ones to senseless gun violence.
- People who have forgotten how to love each other.
- People who are angry and bitter about political outcomes.
- People who cannot forgive themselves.
- Victims of natural disasters.
- People who are struggling to survive.
- Children who can’t see their future from here.
- Justice workers and peacemakers.
- People who are nursing emotional wounds.
- Those who are barely holding on to hope.
- Those with hearts full of resentment.
- People who have broken hearts.
- People with cancer and other chronic illness.
- Pastors and other clergy.
- All churches open in the name of Jesus.
Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen
Focus Scripture: Romans 8:11
The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.