Compassionate God, thank you for the legacy of faith from our past. We pray for others and ourselves today, especially for:
- People who are bullied.
- People who are barely holding onto hope.
- Those who can praise you through their pain.
- Those who have no peace.
- People who are struggling to survive.
- People who rush to judgment.
- People who are traumatized by evil in our community.
- Those who feel betrayed.
- People impacted by gun violence.
- Those who blame the victims.
- Those who are holding onto hate.
- People whose dreams have been shattered.
- People who find it hard to make ends meet.
- People who are lost and alone.
- Those who work for reconciliation.
- People who are persecuted because of their religious beliefs.
- People who are sad or depressed.
- Chaplains and other spiritual leaders.
- Churches open in Jesus’ name.
Please hear our prayers and answer. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen
Focus Scripture: Psalm 78:2b-3 (NLT)
I will teach you hidden lessons from our past—stories we have heard and known, stories our ancestors handed down to us.