Focus Scripture: Psalm 57:1 Have mercy on me, God; have mercy on me because I have taken refuge in you. I take refuge in the shadow of your wings until destruction passes by. (Common English Bible)
Omnipresent God, when are on the brink of destruction let us take refuge in the shadow of your wings. We pray for others and ourselves today. We pray especially for:
- Those who are persecuted because of their faith.
- All stewards of the environment.
- Hostages taken during political strife.
- People mourning the loss of a loved one.
- People embarking on something new.
- People involved in wars of ideology.
- People living in combat zones.
- Victims of senseless acts of violence.
- Children who have lost their way.
- Victims of man-made disasters.
- People who are barely holding onto hope.
- People trying to regain their footing.
- The Church Universal.
Loving God, we cast our cares on you because we know you care for us. Please hear our prayers and answer. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.