Focus Scripture: Hebrews 8:1-2 Here is the main point: We have a High Priest who sat down in the place of honor beside the throne of the majestic God in heaven. There he ministers in the heavenly Tabernacle, the true place of worship that was built by the Lord and not by human hands.
Holy God, we pray for others and for ourselves today and ask for change in the situations that burden us down. Especially we pray for:
- People who are ridiculed.
- Those who are struggling to survive.
- Justice workers and peacemakers.
- People engaged in research for a better world.
- People who are misunderstood.
- Those with broken hearts and shattered dreams.
- People whose faith is wavering.
- People who are looking for jobs.
- People who are mourning the loss of loved ones.
- Those with hearts full of resentment.
- People who are chronically ill.
- Those in need of a new perspective.
- Those who need more joy.
Thank you Jesus for being our High Priest, seated in the place of honor beside the throne of the majestic God. Please hear our prayers and answer. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. Amen.