Focus Scripture: Psalm 78:2b-3 (NLT) I will teach you hidden lessons from our past—stories we have heard and known, stories our ancestors handed down to us.
Compassionate God, thank you for giving us everything we need each day and more. Thank you for the stories of old. We pray for others and ourselves today. Especially, we pray for:
- Safety for our children.
- Peace during life’s storms.
- Comfort for those in turmoil.
- People trying to do your will.
- Those who seek hope for a brighter day.
- Victims of senseless violence.
- Chaplains and other spiritual leaders.
- Healing for those who are sick.
- Those who are hungry and homeless.
- Those who thirst after righteousness.
- Caregivers and first responders.
- People who feel the sting of broken promises.
Eternal God, have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen