Focus Scripture: Hebrews 7:27 Unlike the other high priests, he has no need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for those of the people; this he did once for all when he offered himself. (NRSV)
Precious God, we thank you for Jesus, our Redeemer. We pray for others and for ourselves today and ask for change in the situations that burden us down. Especially we pray for:
- People who are persecuted because of their faith.
- The homeless, the hungry and the helpless.
- Those who are addicted.
- People who are lonely and desperate.
- Comfort for those who mourn.
- A voice for those who are voiceless.
- The capacity to love our neighbors.
- People who have been cast aside by society.
- People with chronic disease.
- Caregivers and first responders around the world.
- Families around the world.
- Churches open in the name of Jesus.
Amazing God, because of who you are we give you glory, honor, and praise. We thank you for deliverance and for Hope. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen