Focus Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Compassionate God, we lift up our brokenness to you and rely on your love to heal and sustain us. We pray for others and ourselves today. We pray especially for:
- Rest for the weary.
- Strength for those who have no might.
- Courage for those in the valleys of death.
- Those who have lost their way.
- People who are lonely.
- Those who are afraid to trust.
- People who are sad.
- Those who have control issues.
- Those in need of spiritual restoration.
- Those who need physical healing.
- Those whose thoughts are troubled.
- People grieving the loss of loved ones.
Precious Lord who bears our burdens, have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. Amen