Lord God, you know the struggles we face. We pray that you deliver us from bondage. We pray especially for:
- Governmental leaders and decision makers.
- Elders struggling to make ends meet.
- Hostages taken during political strife.
- Refugees from war-torn regions.
- People on the margins of society.
- People searching for meaning in their lives.
- People who are discouraged and despondent.
- People who are frightened by the challenges they face.
- People who are hiding from God.
- People who are involved in wars of ideology.
- People who are overwhelmed.
- People who are persecuted because of their faith.
- People who are unable to forgive others.
- People who are unable to forgive themselves.
- People who speak truth to power.
- People who stand at the crossroads.
- People who are overworked and underpaid.
- People who search for meaning in their lives.
Focus Scripture: Exodus 6:6-9 Therefore say to the children of Israel: ‘I am the Lord; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the Lord your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the Lord.’” So Moses spoke thus to the children of Israel; but they did not heed Moses, because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage.