Focus Scripture – Psalm 66:16-20 Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for me. I cried aloud to him, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But truly God has listened; he has given heed to the words of my prayer. Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me.
Omnipotent God, thank you for hearing our prayers and answering. You are worthy of honor and praise, and we bless your Holy Name. We pray for our brothers and sisters in the Spirit wherever they may be. Especially, we pray for:
- Military personnel returning from combat.
- People who are frightened by the challenges they face.
- Those who ache from the pain of church hurt.
- People who stand at the crossroads.
- People who struggle to make sense of their circumstances.
- Health care professionals.
- People in war-torn nations.
- Those who search for meaning in their lives.
- People who are hiding from God.
- People who are addicted.
- Leaders in governmental positions.
- School principals and other school administrators.
- Children who live in dangerous neighborhoods.
- Mothers and fathers.
- Churches open in your name.
God of Truth, we stand on your promises today. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.