Focus Scripture – Psalm 31:3-5 For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name’s sake, lead me and guide me. Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, for You are my strength. Into Your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
Wonderful God, thank you for being our rock and our fortress. Thank you for intervening in impossible situations. We pray for others today. Especially we pray for:
- Comfort for those who mourn.
- A voice for those who are voiceless.
- Families impacted by gun violence.
- Our communities and community leaders.
- People who have been cast aside by society.
- Children who are involved in dangerous experiments.
- Members of the clergy and other spiritual leaders.
- The lonely, lost, and disinherited.
- Those who are chronically ill.
- First responders around the world.
God, we know you as a promise keeper. Please hear our prayers and answer. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on you. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.