Focus Scripture – Matthew 20:26b-28 …whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.
Loving God, thank you for reminding us that, just as you came to serve, we must also serve others. We lift up our brokenness with faith and hope for your healing. Especially, we pray for:
- The least, the last, and the lost of our brothers and sisters.
- People who were born on this day.
- Victims of gang violence.
- The wounded and the weary.
- Children who are lost and alone.
- People seeking to know you better.
- Those who seek truth in your Word.
- People who are unable to forgive those who have hurt them.
- People in need of spiritual restoration.
- Those whose thoughts are troubled.
- Leaders in governmental positions.
Gracious God, we need you today. We trust you to lead us according to your will. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.