Focus Scripture – John 10:2-3 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
Precious Jesus, help us to hear your voice and follow you. Lead us to pastures where we can have abundant life. We lift up our prayer concerns this day. Especially, we pray for:
- People whose dreams have been shattered.
- Those who are full of fear.
- Refugees fleeing from oppression of all kinds.
- People who have no peace.
- Those mourning the loss of loved ones.
- People with troubled minds.
- People who suffer from chronic illness.
- Those who are tossed about by the storms of life.
- People who are weary, worn, and sad.
Look down upon us with compassion this day. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen