Focus Scripture – Ezekiel 34:1-4 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God to the shepherds: “Woe to the shepherds of Israel who feed themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flocks? You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool; you slaughter the fatlings, but you do not feed the flock. The weak you have not strengthened, nor have you healed those who were sick, nor bound up the broken, nor brought back what was driven away, nor sought what was lost; but with force and cruelty you have ruled them.
Compassionate God, we pray that you would block the effort of shepherds who fail to feed their flocks. Open their eyes so they may see the needs of your people. We pray for others today and ask for change in the situations that burden them down. Especially we pray for:
- Elders struggling to make ends meet.
- People who have lost their way.
- Children who have no hope.
- Children who suffer from chronic illness.
- People in nursing homes, hospice, and hospitals.
- People who need more joy.
- People who are homeless and hungry.
- People who are struggling to make ends meet.
- Those who are overworked and underpaid.
- Those who have been ridiculed and cast aside.
- All churches open in your Holy Name.
We love you and trust you with our whole hearts. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen