Focus Scripture – 1 Peter 2:13-15 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.
God of Justice, we pray for our government today. Bless our elected leaders with competence and conscience to do what is just for your people. We pray for others and ourselves today, especially for:
- People who have been harmed by unjust policies.
- A voice for those who are voiceless.
- Those who have been cast aside by society.
- People who are working for justice.
- Clergy and other spiritual leaders .
- People who are lonely.
- People who are chronically ill.
- People who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
God, we know that you are faithful. Please hear our prayers and answer. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.