Focus Scripture: Psalm 107:39-43 When they decrease in number and become impoverished through oppression, trouble, and sorrow, the Lord pours contempt on their princes, causing them to wander in trackless wastelands. But he rescues the poor from trouble and increases their families like flocks of sheep. The godly will see these things and be glad, while the wicked are struck silent. Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.
Loving God, our desire is to be in right relationship with you. We pray for others and ourselves today. We pray especially for:
- Abundant life through Jesus Christ.
- Comfort for those who mourn.
- Protection from the forces of evil.
- Rest for the weary.
- Restoration of our ruined places.
- Refuge beneath the shadow of your wings.
- Soundness for troubled minds.
- Strength when we are weak.
- Saving us and setting us free.
We lay our burdens on your altar. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen