Focus Scripture: Psalm 107:10-16 Some sat in darkness and deepest gloom, imprisoned in iron chains of misery. They rebelled against the words of God, scorning the counsel of the Most High. That is why he broke them with hard labor; they fell, and no one was there to help them. “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He led them from the darkness and deepest gloom; he snapped their chains. Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them. For he broke down their prison gates of bronze; he cut apart their bars of iron.
Almighty God, we could express our gratitude forever, but it would not be enough. We pray for others and ourselves today. We pray especially for:
- Military personnel on active duty.
- People who have lost their joy.
- Those who are homeless and hungry.
- People who are depressed and lonely.
- Those with hearts full of resentment.
- People with chronic illness.
- Mothers who have lost children.
Bless them out of your abundance, oh God. Break every chain. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.