Focus Scripture: Psalm 107:23-30 Some went off to sea in ships, plying the trade routes of the world. They, too, observed the Lord’s power in action, his impressive works on the deepest seas. He spoke, and the winds rose, stirring up the waves. Their ships were tossed to the heavens and plunged again to the depths; the sailors cringed in terror. They reeled and staggered like drunkards and were at their wits’ end. “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves. What a blessing was that stillness as he brought them safely into harbor!
O God, thank you for calming our storms and bringing us to safe harbor. We stand on your promises today and claim what you have already declared in your Holy Word. We pray especially for:
- People whose lives are currently in turmoil.
- People crippled by hatred.
- People who have lost their way.
- People who struggle to make sense of life.
- People who can barely make ends meet.
- Those who are overwhelmed.
- Children who are confused by the things they observe.
- People harmed by unjust policies.
- People who are on spiritual journeys.
Bless them, O God, and keep them safe. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.