Focus Scripture: Psalm 137:1-4 Beside the rivers of Babylon, we sat and wept as we thought of Jerusalem. We put away our harps, hanging them on the branches of poplar trees. For our captors demanded a song from us. Our tormentors insisted on a joyful hymn: “Sing us one of those songs of Jerusalem!” But how can we sing the songs of the Lord while in a pagan land?
Faithful God, by your grace you have kept us and sustained us. We pray especially for:
- People seeking refuge.
- People with broken hearts.
- Those who are sick and can’t get well.
- Victims of senseless violence.
- People consumed by doubt and fear.
- People with troubled minds.
We stand on your promises because you are faithful. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.