Beloved Jesus, help us to stay focused on important things. When we get distracted, help us to see You. We pray for our children today; we pray especially for:
- Children experimenting with things they don’t understand.
- Children victimized by violence.
- Children who are hungry and homeless.
- Children who are trying to do the right thing.
- Children who can’t see their future from here.
- Children who don’t feel loved.
- Children who feel abandoned and alone.
- Children who have been bullied and abused.
- Children who have been discarded by the system.
- Children who have lost their way.
- Children who have no hope.
- Children who have been traumatized by the violence in our world.
Focus Scripture: Matthew 17:1-9 Six days later, Jesus took with him Peter and James and his brother John and led them up a high mountain, by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white. Suddenly there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him. Then Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if you wish, I will make three dwellings here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, suddenly a bright cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud a voice said, “This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!” When the disciples heard this, they fell to the ground and were overcome by fear. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, “Get up and do not be afraid.” And when they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus himself alone.