Eternal God, we love you today. Help us to walk in ways that please you as we cross new thresholds in our lives. Thank you for your grace. We pray for others today:
- People grieving the loss of a loved one.
- People in hospice, nursing homes, hospitals.
- People in need of spiritual restoration.
- People searching for meaning in their lives.
- People with cancer, sickle cell anemia, and other chronic diseases.
- People who are homeless and hungry.
- People who feel the sting of broken promises.
- People who find it hard to make ends meet.
- People who have been victimized by unjust policies.
- People who struggle to make sense of their circumstances.
- People who are barely holding onto hope.
- Traumatized children and their families.
- Victims of senseless acts of violence.
- Families, households, and neighborhoods.
- Pastors and other spiritual leaders.
- Every church open in the name of Jesus.
Give us what we need to do your holy will. We stand on your promises and claim the victory in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Focus Scripture: Deuteronomy 30:15-16 See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, death and adversity. If you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I am commanding you today, by loving the LORD your God, walking in his ways, and observing his commandments, decrees, and ordinances, then you shall live and become numerous, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to possess.