Patient God, we lift up our shortcomings and ask that you forgive us and guide us. Help us walk in a way that pleases you. We pray for others and ourselves today, especially for:
- Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters.
- Children who have lost their way.
- Children who have no hope.
- Children who have been traumatized by the violence in our world.
- People with shattered dreams.
- People who are barely holding onto hope.
- People in need of a new perspective.
- People who ache from the pain of church hurt.
- Spiritual leaders in all denominations.
- Churches open in the name of Jesus.
Help us to be lovers of peace according to your Holy Word. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Focus Scripture: Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren.