God of Wisdom, help us to be alert in this world of “alternative truth.” Help us to recognize lies and hypocrisy. We pray for others and ourselves today. Especially, we pray for:
- Governmental leaders and politicians.
- Elders struggling to make ends meet.
- People barely holding onto hope.
- Hostages taken during political strife.
- People grieving the loss of a loved one.
- People who are chronically ill.
- People in hospice, nursing homes, hospitals.
- People involved in wars of ideology.
- People in need of spiritual restoration.
- People living with violence of all types.
- People mourning the loss of loved ones.
- Prayer warriors and spiritual leaders.
- Churches open in the name of Jesus.
Help us to discern wisdom from above in all we say and do. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Focus Scripture: James 3:13-18 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.