Focus Scripture: Psalm 43:1-4 Declare me innocent, O God! Defend me against these ungodly people. Rescue me from these unjust liars. For you are God, my only safe haven. Why have you tossed me aside? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies? Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live. There I will go to the altar of God, to God—the source of all my joy. I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God!
God our Protector, we thank you for watching over us and providing for us. We pray for others and ourselves today, especially for:
- People who don’t know the difference between truth and lies.
- Officials in government positions.
- Legislators and judges.
- People who have been harmed by unjust policies.
- People who can’t see their future from here.
- People impacted by gun violence.
- People who work for justice.
- Our communities and schools.
- People victimized by depression and despair.
Thank you for your mercy and grace. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen