Focus Scripture: John 12:46 (NLT) I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.
Almighty God, thank you for lighting our pathway in the midst of darkness. We lift up our brokenness for your healing touch. We pray especially for:
- People who speak truth to power.
- Victims of earthquakes and floods.
- Dangerous situations in our neighborhoods.
- Undisciplined minds.
- People who are depressed
- Scholars who engage in research for a better world.
- People who are embarking on something new.
- People without courage.
- Governments around the world.
- People who are disconsolate.
- Children who are discouraged.
- People who are struggling to make ends meet.
- Mothers who are worried about their children.
- Children who have been abused and mistreated.
- Children who have lost their way
- Downtrodden people wherever they languish.
- Justice seekers and peacemakers.
Eternal God, hear our prayers and answer. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. Amen