Focus Scripture – Romans 12:9-16b Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor. Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly;
Lord, help us to live in harmony with one another. We lift up concerns for others and ourselves today. We pray especially for:
- Families in crisis around the world.
- Missionaries who devote their lives to serving your people around the world.
- Veterans returning from combat.
- People who are persecuted because of their faith.
- People embroiled in wars of ideology.
- All stewards of the environment.
- Hostages taken during political strife.
- Refugees seeking asylum.
- People living in all manner of war zones.
- Victims of senseless acts of violence.
- Children who have lost their way.
- The body of Christ.
Gracious God, hear our prayers and answer. Have mercy on your people. Have mercy on your world. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.