Focus Scripture: 1 John 4:7-1 (NKJV) 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Loving God, you have kept us and sustained us by your grace. We are so grateful. We pray for others and ourselves today. We pray especially for:
- Families impacted by gang violence.
- People who are persecuted because of their faith.
- All churches open in your name.
- Our enemies who have been traumatized by things in their past.
- People who feel a call to speak out against injustice.
- Children who feel lost and alone.
- People who are homeless and hungry.
- People who are responsible for the nurturing of our children.
- Those in need of spiritual strength.
- Those who need a little peace in their lives.
We pray that you have mercy on your people. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen