Precious Lord, thank you for quieting our spirits today. You are the source of our hope and joy. We pray for others and ourselves; especially we pray for:
- People who need more joy.
- Those who are overworked and underpaid.
- People who are overwhelmed.
- Those who constantly misunderstand.
- People with shattered dreams.
- People who speak truth to power.
- Refugees from political strife.
- People who are involved in wars of ideology.
- Those who need physical healing.
- People grieving the loss of a loved one.
- People with chronic illness.
- People in hospice, hospitals, and nursing homes.
- People who are frightened by the challenges they face.
We lay our burdens on your altar. Please hear our prayers and answer. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen
Focus Scripture: Psalm 42:11 (NKJV)
Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.